It is no doubt that security cameras will keep you and your family safe. But with so many different cameras to choose from, it can be hard to determine which is best for your home. This article will weigh the pros and cons of both professional security cameras and DIY security camera systems, so you can decide which is right for you!
Benefits of DIY Home Security Systems
1. Affordability: DIY security systems are much more affordable than professional security cameras. Instead of paying thousands of dollars for a professionally installed security system, you can have a DIY system set up in just a few minutes for less than $100!
2. Convenience: DIY home security systems are much easier to install than professional security cameras and require less wiring, saving you time and energy. In addition, you do not have to buy any equipment for the DIY system, so there is less cost involved in this process.
Drawbacks of DIY Security Systems
1. Quality: Although DIY security systems are affordable, they do not provide the same quality as professional security cameras. Due to the lower price, DIY security systems have fewer cameras, fewer features, and less storage space.
2. Security: The convenience of DIY systems makes them appealing to thieves and intruders, who may see an easy target for a break-in. Professional security systems are more complex for people to bypass, so they are more secure.
Benefits of Professional Home Security Systems
1. Quality: Professional security cameras have the highest quality and produce more footage. In addition, professional security cameras have more features than DIY systems, such as anti- shake technology that helps smooth out videos in real life and digital zoom.
2. Remote Access: With professional security systems, you can view your home's security cameras from anywhere with an internet connection by using unique access codes. This allows you to see what is happening in your home, even when you're away.
Drawbacks of Professional Home Security Systems
1. Work Needed: While they provide the highest quality, they require more installation work. They require more equipment and wiring than DIY systems and must be properly installed to keep your home as secure as possible.
2. Maintenance: Professional security systems require regular maintenance. Professional security systems need to be serviced from time to time to keep your home's security up to par.
In conclusion, DIY home security systems are an option, and they may be the right choice for you if you are looking for a very inexpensive solution. However, if you are looking for a higher quality system with more features and better battery life, consider investing in a professional security system. By getting in touch with us at Harden Communications, we can set up a comprehensive system to monitor your home. Call us today with any questions you have!